Have a fireplace at home? Then you should have the idea of prioritizing its safety! A lot of aspects are to be considered once a fireplace is set up at home; like for example, before even putting fire to a log, it is imperative to get the entire setup inspected by the professional service provider for chimney repairs in Surrey.
The Important Aspect Of Chimney Inspection & Maintenance
- Once the inspection is scheduled, a professional service provider will take a look at your fireplace setup.
Remember to clean your chimney regularly.
- When any repair is reported by the inspector for your chimney, you should take it seriously! Make sure every repair is complete before beginning its fire-up. It is a common behaviour of birds to make a home inside or close to the opening of a fireplace chimney. Ensure the nests are removed before the fire is lit.
- Purchasing a security screen is an amazing accessory that every house should install for its chimney. When the amber of the chimney comes off, this ensures that it does not fall on the floor or on someone! A security screen makes a huge difference – especially when the fire cannot be monitored all the time. A screen in this case can be a great source of reliance.
- Tools like a poker helps in adjusting the fuel woods – which in turn adds to heating the room and saving money. A broom and shovel helps in keeping the fireplace clean and safe.
- Safety is never an option, but a necessity that will keep the entire home secured from a manhandled fireplace. Also, the longevity of a fireplace is increased when all safety and hygiene measures are taken.
Get your chimney and fireplace inspected by Housemartin Stove Fitter UK Limited today who are well renowned stove installers in Surrey.